Design a Building Competition
Design a Building Competition
The competition will run until the 5th of January, entrants must submit a design for a building or a piece of terrain that they have designed or drawn.
Submissions will be accepted as hand drawn or computer designed plans and images. If you are submitting plans please also submit an image(s) of what the constructed design will look like.
Recommended formats. Images - .jpg .bmp
Plans - .cdr .dxf .ai .pdf
(If you are submitting full plans please use different colours to represent etched lines and internal cuts and also provide a colour key to indicate these)
There will be three winners.
- 1st place will win a copy of their submitted design and £50 worth of products from my shop
- 2nd place will win a copy of their submitted design and £25 worth of products from my shop
- 3rd place will win a copy of their submitted design
- A runner up will be announced in case a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified.
You may enter as many designs as you like but, it is only possible to win one prize.
Designs should be based around the following categories: Sci-Fi or fantasy and can be for any time era, race, technology level, etc. Any design theme is welcome such as steam punk, industrial, and military.
Entries will be judged by me on the 5th of January and the winners will be announced and informed by email. The images of their buildings will also be displayed on my websites
Extended to 9.00am on the 9th due to requests
When submitting your designs please provide your full name and email address, winners will also need to provide shipping information which must include a telephone number (for courier use).
Once the winners have been announced, I will begin work on making the designs into functioning models. These models will be available for anyone to order. This may take some time and is dependent upon the complexity of the designs, they will be prioritised from 1st to 3rd place.
When submitting anything for this competition please email it to:
Once received I will reply to confirm that I have reviewed your email and again to confirm if it will be entered into the competition (subject to the below terms and conditions)
Please keep your entry to one email and include the following:
- Attach all relevant files (pictures, plans and any text support)
- Your name and email address
- The name of your building
- Approximate dimensions
- Material usage
If you wish to submit anything via post please email me for details on how to do this.
Also if you have any questions regarding the competition please email me here.
For detailed information please see here
This section includes material specifications, maximum sizes, thickness’s etc.
Maximum size of one piece 40 x 30 CMs, this allows shipping to be kept at a small parcel
Minimum size of a piece can be 0.5mm but bear in mind a piece of mdf 2mm thick and 0.5 wide will break very easy
If you have slots for 2mm mdf to fit into please make them 2.1mm wide to allow for material thickness variations
A rough maximum building size is 30x30x30.
Please keep the following materials to the thicknesses stated:
- MDF thickness is 2mm
- Clear Perspex thickness is 2mm
- Tinted Perspex thickness is 3mm
No metal, fibre glass or carbon fibre is to be used.
If you have another material that you wish to be used in your design then please contact me first to ensure that it is safe to be cut using a laser.
If you wish to have a cast resin component then please contact me to run it past me first.
For full terms and conditions please see here
Please read these before emailing any designs as you agree to them by entering the competition
Terms and conditions
1) Eligibility. You may only submit materials to the competition for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit images / plans to me, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. You may submit multiple entries but it is only possible to qualify for one prize.
2) Licence Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Wargame-Model-Mods, a worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free, right and licence to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, and to publicly display the materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and media, even if you do not qualify for a prize.
3) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Wargame-model-mods (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licences set forth in Paragraphs1 and 2 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the materials submitted to Wargame-model-mods by you, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public display, and other exploitation of the materials by Wargame-model-mods (e) the materials are not pornographic, obscene, libellous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Wargame-model-mods and its affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
4) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general community standards. I expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any materials that I deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws at my discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
5) No Obligation. Although I have the right to include your Materials in any Media, I do not have the obligation to do so. I may, in my sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from the competition at any time.
6) Changes to Agreement. I reserve the right to change any of the terms of this agreement or any specifications or guidelines governing the competition at any time.
7) Disclaimer. Wargame-model-mods, provides the competition as is and without warranty.
8) Disqualification. Breach of any of these terms may result in disqualification from the competition.